I love breaded pork chops. Crispy on the outside, yet moist and juicy on the inside is just the perfect combination for a pork chop in my humble opinion. The best way I knew to accomplish this delicious combination is to fry in a pan with oil. Yes, this is not the healthiest of options, so I have tried many times to recreate the pan fried taste in the oven. My oven attempts have been disappointing. I always end up with soggy breading. Enter the Air Fryer! We can now enjoy the delicious taste and texture of pan fried pork chops without dousing our dinner in oil.
Start with thinly sliced Center Cut Pork Chops. I picked these up at Aldi, but you should be able to find them at any of your local grocery stores.
Next step is to set up your breading station. You will need 2 plates and a shallow dish of some kind. I suggest a glass pie pan or rectangular baking dish. One plate is for flour. One plate is for our seasoned bread crumbs. The shallow dish of your choosing is to scramble the eggs. The measurements in this recipe are approximations. I eyeball my flour, bread crumbs, and seasoning. When adding your seasoning, know your audience. Montreal Steak Seasoning has a bit of a kick for those with milder palates.
Now to bread our pork chops. First dredge the pork chop in flour. Next, coat pork chop in the egg mixture. Finally, dredge the pork chop in the seasoned bread crumbs. Repeat process until all 10 chops are breaded.
Now it is time for the Air Fryer to do its magic. I can comfortably fit 4 pork chops in my Air Fryer basket. Check out your basket and just make sure not to over fill it.
Set the Air Fryer to 375°F for 10 minutes. Repeat until all your chops are cooked to perfection.
My Air Fryer Pork Chops were a huge hit with my hubby and kiddos. Clean plates with no complaints! They were not fans of my soggy oven attempts. This recipe will definitely become a part of our regular dinner time rotation. Happy Cooking!
Air Fryer Pork Chops
- 10 thinly sliced Center Cut Pork Chops
- 1-2 cups flour
- 1-2 cups bread crumbs
- 1-3 tbsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 3 eggs
- Set up your breading station. Pour flour on one plate. Scramble eggs in a shallow dish, such as a glass pie plate or rectangular pan. Combine bread crumbs and steak seasoning on a plate.
- Dredge one pork chop in flour. Then coat pork chop in egg. Finally dredge pork chop in seasoned bread crumb mixture. Put to side.
- Repeat process for remaining pork chops.
- Place 4 pork chops in Air Fryer basket. Do not over fill basket. If you have a smaller air fryer, cook 2 pork chops at a time.
- Set Air Fryer to 375°F for 10 minutes.
- Repeat cooking process with remaining pork chops.