Chicken Spinach Artichoke Casserole
Spinach Artichoke dip is one of my absolute favorite appetizers. The combination of spinach, artichoke, cream, and cheese is perfectly delicious in my book. It only made sense to take all my favorite flavors and turn them into something hearty enough for a meal. Chicken Spinach Artichoke casserole combines the flavors of your favorite appetizer with chicken and pasta for a meal that is sure to make everyone ask for seconds.
Start with the Creamy Sauce
The first step is to combine the mayonnaise, cream cheese, and garlic powder. Mix together until smooth and blended. Then add ¾ of the mozzarella cheese and all the Parmesan and mix together. Now set to side while preparing the other ingredients.
Prepping the Remaining Ingredients
Start a pot of water boiling to prepare the rigatoni. While waiting chop the artichokes and chicken. For the chicken, cook any way you like. Boil, roast, grill, or use left over chicken from another meal. Rotisserie chicken is perfect for casseroles. Let the store take care of that part of the prep. Back to the rigatoni, before you drain the pasta throw all the fresh spinach into the pot and stir until wilted. Then pour the whole pot through the strainer and the pasta and spinach is ready to go.
Putting it All Together
In a large mixing bowl mix all the ingredients together. The cheese mixture is thick, so do not expect it to cover every piece of pasta. Next dump the contents of the bowl into a 9×13 baking dish covered with butter or cooking spray and smooth the contents evenly in the dish. As the final step, sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese over the top.
Bake and Serve
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake the Chicken Spinach Artichoke casserole for 20-30 minutes. The casserole is ready to serve when all the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Chicken Spinach Artichoke casserole is a perfect pasta bake full of delicious flavors everyone loves. It serves well standing alone or pair it with a salad and bread for a more elaborate meal. Next time you are craving spinach artichoke dip, instead of reaching for the chips try this complete meal instead. Happy Cooking!
Chicken Spinach Artichoke Casseroledawndbeauchamp78
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 8 oz bag fresh spinach
- 1-2 cups chopped artichokes
- ¾ lb rigatoni
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup mayonaise
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1-2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½-1 cup Parmesan, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix mayonnaise, cream cheese, and garlic together until smooth and creamy.
- Add ¾ of mozzarella cheese and all the Parmesan to the mixture and mix together.
- Prepare rigatoni according to package instructions. Before draining add spinach to pot and stir until wilted. Pour into strainer to remove water and pour into large mixing bowl.
- Add chicken and artichokes to bowl and mix together.
- Add cream cheese mixture and mix together.
- Put the contents of the bowl into a 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350°F, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve.
More recipes you may enjoy:
Crockpot Chicken Chili – A Simple Midweek Meal