Beef Stroganoff Recipe
A hearty dish, perfect for an evening of comfort food with family and friends.
- 2 lbs beef or venison cut into chunks Round steak or chuck roast are good options
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 cups beef stock
- ½ cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 8 oz white button mushrooms sliced
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- Prepared egg noodles or rice
Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Cut 2 pounds of beef or Venison into larger bite sized pieces. Put meat into a black enamel roasting pan or Dutch Oven. Sprinkle flour over meat and stir to coat. Add sliced mushrooms to the pan. Pour beef stock and Worcestershire sauce into the pan and stir to combine. Cover pan and place into 350°F oven. Cook for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Mix together cornstarch and water. Add to pan and stir to combine 10 minutes before cooking time is complete. Remove from oven. Add sour cream and stir to combine. Serve over Egg Noodles or Rice.